HRSA Operational Site Visit Preparation
Comprehensive support to prepare for HRSA Operational Site Visit success, from honing a center’s governance strategies to achieving more effective clinical outcomes
While bipartisan Congressional support for the Federally Qualified Health Center program has remained strong across the years, that support is conditioned upon CHCs being able to demonstrate complete and continuous compliance with all 93 federal health center program requirements. The time frames to rectify non-compliance conditions cited during OSVs have tightened in recent years and, if issues remain unresolved, will result in only a one-year project period. It’s simply a good business decision to invest in pre-OSV preparation consulting services from Freeborne Health Advising.
As an experienced Community Health Center executive, primary care provider, HRSA OSV consultant and public health thought leader Dr. Freeborne helps community health centers thoroughly prepare for and pass federally mandated operational site visits.
HRSA Operational Site Visit Preparation Services include:
- Assessing compliance with HRSA required and optional governance guidelines, clinical services and management/fiscal specifications
- Consulting with health center boards and senior management to evaluate a CHC’s compliance with board oversight authority, composition and conflict of interest guidelines
- Strategizing with center management and clinical staff to ensure the center provides required primary, preventive, enabling health services and is staffed with the properly trained personnel needed to meet the center’s goals
- Evaluating a CHC and its relationships with the surrounding medical care ecosystem to ensure the center’s locations, hours of operations, and arrangements/agreements with other local health services providers provide a proper continuum of care for patients
- Helping (to include authoring and editing) ensure a center has thorough policies, procedures and protocols in place to respond to both planned and unplanned situations
- Examining a center’s QI/QA initiatives, risk management plans and FTCA deeming requirements
How I Help You Prepare for an Operational Site Visit
Preparing for operational site visits is exhausting and I know, from personal experience as a team member on more than 100 OSVs, centers often struggle to prioritize site visit preparation while keeping up with the demands of a busy CHC. Keeping current on HRSA guidelines can be difficult; policies need to be created or revised; careful assessment of clinical outcomes need to be made and reflected upon; credentialing files need to be reviewed; QI/QA plans need to be updated or better tailored to the changing needs of the local population.
I can help you – I can assist in getting your CHC fully compliant 3 to 6 months before an OSV. As an OSV consultant for more than 5 years, I’ve reviewed the governance, administrative and clinical practices of CHCs of all sizes. I know what reviewers are looking for during an OSV and can show you how to meet or exceed every HRSA requirement.