HRSA Operational Site Visit Preparation
Comprehensive support to prepare for HRSA Operational Site Visit success, from honing a center’s governance strategies to achieving more effective clinical outcomes
In the most recent Bipartisan Budget Act Congress has raised the bar for federally funded health centers, mandating complete and continuous compliance with all 94 health center program requirements. The time frames to rectify conditions cited during OSVs are tightening and issues identified at the time of a SAC grant award will result in only a one-year project period. It’s simply a good business decision to invest in pre-OSV or SAC grant preparation consulting services from Freeborne Health Advising.
As an experienced Community Health Center executive, primary care provider, HRSA OSV consultant and public health thought leader Dr. Freeborne can help health care centers thoroughly prepare for and pass federally mandated operational site visits.
HRSA Operational Site Visit Preparation Services include:
- Assessing compliance with HRSA required and optional governance guidelines, clinical services and management/financial specifications
- Consulting with health center boards and senior management to evaluate a center’s compliance with board oversight authority, composition and conflict of interest guidelines
- Strategizing with center management and clinical staff to ensure the center provides required primary, preventive, enabling health services and is staffed with the properly trained personnel needed to meet the center’s goals
- Evaluating a center and its relationships with the surrounding medical care ecosystem to ensure the center’s locations, hours of operations, and arrangements/agreements with other local health services providers provide a proper continuum of care for patients
- Helping (to include authoring and editing) ensure a center has thorough policies, procedures and protocols in place to respond to both planned and unplanned situations
- Examining a center’s QI/QA initiatives, risk management plans and FTCA deeming requirements
How I Help You Prepare for an Operational Site Visit
Preparing for operational site visits is exhausting and I know, from personal experience as an OSV team member, centers struggle to properly prepare for a site visit while keeping up with the demands of a busy CHC. Keeping up with constantly evolving HRSA guidelines is challenging; policies need to be created or revised; careful assessment of clinical outcomes need to be made and reflected upon; credentialing files need to be reviewed; QI/QA plans need to be updated or better tailored to the needs of the local population.
I can help you – I can assist in getting your CHC fully compliant 3 to 6 months before an OSV. As an OSV consultant who has reviewed the governance, management and clinical practices of many CHCs I know what reviewers are looking for during an OSV and can show you how to meet or exceed every HRSA requirement.